Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Silent Alarm Clock


For those of you who know me, know that I am late to everything. I'm late to bed, late to get out the door, late to eat, late to most any event that's i'm attending. I'm never purposely late, it just seems like time flies faster than I can seem to keep up. There's always something interesting that peaks my attention and I get routed to whatever is popping up at that time. This leads into my interest in this conception alarm clock.
I normally set two alarms. One is my standard annoying alarm clock that has this horrible buzzing sound that is the worst sound I can imagine. In addition to that, I set two alarms on my cell phone that are 20 minutes apart. Those phone rings are right up there with mr. annoying alarm clock. So every time I'm in deep sleep, those alarms are going off just as I lay my head down. Funny how that happens.

There is a new clock coming out that is a pretty cool concept. They are wireless rubber rings with an integrated vibration device that generates a tactile alarm and are quite sexy in the way they look. Sleek silver grey and/or black with the word "Silence" engraved on them. The way they work is you put one on your finger and as the set alarm time hits, it jolts you lightly with vibrations to shake you awake (heh, I rhyme). The way to get it to stop is you shake your wrist to get the ring to stop buzzing, which acts as a snooze bar. Once it goes off again, you have to shake harder for it to stop buzzing and it gets progressively harder and requires more movement to turn it off, forcing you to get up so you don't have to deal with it.

The clock comes with two bands and you only need to wear one and your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/bedmate can wear the other. That way you can set two different alarm times and you both can sleep in until your bracelet goes off. Thoughtful.

I think I might become immuned to the vibrating rings and might need to wear two of them. How fun is that?? *smiles*

If you want to check it out, visit Johan Brengesjo's website at: http://www.johanbrengesjo.se/sil1.html. He's a smart industrial design engineer that not only has a some really cool gadgets, but is also a very talented musician: http://www.johanbrengesjo.se/more.html.

Speaking of late, I better get to bed - morning shall be here soon. Goodnight all.

No comments: