Monday, July 30, 2007

It's close to midnight and something evils lurking in the dark...


Just got home about an hour ago since I tend to roam around Austin late at night. Seems like I do my best thinking and get the most accomplished when there is no traffic or people crowding the stores. I can go to a Walmart and have the store to my entire self...pretty nice. I can drive on the streets and not get stuck in traffic or have to step out into the blazing sun (get's warm here).

We all have things that are routine for us. Mine is opening the door to find 3 cutie pies waiting for me. Of course they are just hungry, so when they see me, they think "FOOD". Yes, Boomer, Jordan and Pumpkin - you are just using me for food. No, not true -- they are very loving and always brighten my day/evening.

Where am I going with this...Oh, yes, well as part of my evening routine, I feed the gang, take my shoes off, get a diet coke and start browsing the internet. Tonight, I was searching for some songs and then thought about finding some songs about billiards. Never really heard a "billiards" tune. I've got some good poker songs, but billiards, nada.

Well, I found a parody about billiards to the tune of Micheal Jackson's, Thriller. It's awesome! I even found some balls with monsters on them just to enhance this song *smiles*. Here goes ladies and gents:

It's time to chalk cues
And set the balls up, now it's time to play
Will not lose to you
Don't think so, no sir, no losing today

You try to aim
But sweat will make you miss the ball completely
May be a game
That doesn't mean I'll play a bit more fair
No need to swear

We're playin' billiards
Chalk your cue
And if you sink the black ball 'fore the rest
That's when you lose
I'm lovin' billiards
And I'll bet
That if I'm six ahead
I'll get to take your, eat your French fries!

I love the sound of
The plop that balls make when you sink them in
And there's the snap from
Your mind exploding when you know I'll win

You wince your eyes
Because you've just set me up for the 5 ball
You realize
That it was not so smart to challenge me
Now for the 3

I rule at billiards!
All the time
You've still got seven balls or so to sink
I'm on the 9
I've won at billiards
Once again
You almost sunk the 10
But I still owned you, p4wn3d U, tonight!

Nine balls are sunk
And you've still got all your balls on the table
There's no surrender or the throwing in of the towel
(Time's run out)
You have to play, can't step down!

I can't belive you
You wanna play again? You've lost your mind
Prepare to lose, fool
You shouldn't mess with the skills that are mine
The time has come
For you to stop playing me 'cause I'm better
Again I've won
Should save yourself from copping all this crap
Like you're on crack

You've lost at billiards
No sunk balls
Although you've beat the rest, up against me
You lose them all
Man, this is billiards
Not ping-pong
Just stop smoking your bong
And just start winning, owning,
Singing, grinning here tonight!

You sick of billiards?
Well, no duh
If I kept losing to some stuck-up prat
I'd quit for sure
Billiards!
Want some more?
I'm starting to get bored
'Cause I keep bragging, taunting

Let's play some billiards tonight!

("Rap" by the poor sod who keeps getting 0wn3d)
All my balls are on the felt
They're never sunk, my heart it melts
Backspins, jumps and other tricks
Employed by him, it makes me sick

All who face him always lose
Some turn to drugs, some turn to booze
Some stand and say that he's a prick
He says "I know" and pulls his stick

The men defeated hang around
To see who'll try to take him down
And fools who bet on who will win
Will lose their food, their drinks in tins

And though some try to kick his ass
We need some kind of wizard
For no mere mortal can defeat
The master of the billiards

(Sound of another game starting,with the laughter of the master, and
the soft music played to ease the uncomforting silence)

2 comments:

whall said...

That rap is perfect...

starryjgal said...

It is great - but it ain't no RAP. RAP didn't really start blossoming until the early 80s with Beastie Boys and Run DMC sort of bands.

Thriller came out in early 80s too, but it ain't no RAP!

But in COULD BE RAP. You could start it...