Monday, June 11, 2007

Boom! Boomer



This is the newest addition to the household as of Friday, June 8th, Boomer. I liked the name from Battlestar Galactica and it fits him perfectly. He answers to it *smiles* Although he answers to "hey you", "come here", "cutie", "baby", "oh no, not again!"

He prolly thinks that "Oh no, not again." is his name. I've said it a total of 28 times.

Friday - 6 times

Saturday - 11 times

Sunday - 6 times

Monday - 5 times

The reason I know how many times I've said that is because that's the number of times he has decided to use the bathroom throughout the house. Either straight in front of me or in his secret spots in the kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedroom, etc.

I've always had grown dogs or cats, so have never gone through the puppy training stages from potty training to obedience. Routine is to let him out ever 1 - 2 hours and especially after he eats or drinks. Not much sleep since I'm alway checking on him throughout the night or he decides he wants to play in the middle of the night.

He's wanting to play with Jordan, but Jordan is thinking, "I'm the guy of the house." So Jordan is going through an ignoring stage with me and growling or snipping at Boomer. Ah, jealousy.

The cat and him get along though - that's the good news. Now to get Jordan and Boomer to become playmates and more importantly getting him potty trained.

He's a cutie and I think eventually him and Jordan will be pals - they are both loving dogs, so how can they not be?

1 comment:

whall said...

Welcome, Boomer! I hope you're a real dog and not a cylon puppy. I guess in time, like the other Boomer of BSG, we'll be given the chance to come to love you, trust you, laugh with you, go for walks, establish a rapport and mutual bond and hope you don't shoot us in the stomach on the command deck.