Monday, April 27, 2009

Wanna watch a movie with me? How Bout' Star Wars?

If you are at your computer working and and want to run Star Wars in the background to pass the time, you are in luck my friend.

You can telnet to a server to watch it now. Let's start the fun:

1. Go to your start menu and type run
2. Type in: telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl
3. Click ok!

Enjoy Star Wars in ASCII (pronouces Ask-ee). It's the acronym for American Standard Code for Information Interchange, a widely used standard for encoding text documents on computers.

For those of you that say this is a complete waste of time, we'll you are partially correct. It's a darn cool waste of time. *This has been out there for awhile, but thought I'd post a reminder for those of you who have never experienced it.*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of the coolest and geekiest thing I learned. Thanks for making me a bigger geek. It's freaking awesome.

whall said...

Me love ascii wars long time. I think I first watched it in '96 or '97 when I was at Motorola.

starryjgal said...

@Toby: You are way too cool to be a geek. You are more like a cool cat overall. BTW: Thanks for the nice postcard, always enjoy them! *Hugs*

@Whall: Funny "Me love ascii wars long time..." You sound like Yoda!