Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Crazy 8's

I just got home from a new league that I just joined tonight. I usually play APA leagues since I feel most comfortable with the people that play APA and it keeps teams in a good balance of players since they cap the skill levels allowed to play on one team.

Tonight's league is BCA. It has a few different rules and it's 'call pocket'. You play each player on the opposite team one game straight up. You will play 5 games total. If you win, you get 10 points (a point for each ball and the 8 counts as 3 points). The goal is for the team to get a higher amount of points than the opposing team per round.

The AWESOME team I was lucky enough to be invited on was amazing. We are the only team with 3 females on it. There are 8 teams total and there are two other teams that have one female on the team and the rest of the division is male. I love that our captain mixed our team up to a co-ed format! I was pretty nervous about playing BCA since the level of play is escalated compared to APA. There is no handicap and it's one game against your opponent - that's it. So you want to play your best and always think that if you miss your shot, you may not get another turn at the table.

We won 4 - 1 tonight and I can't imagine a better BCA team to be on. Everyone was so welcoming, friendly and talented. I admired the play of everyone on the team and that gives me the aspiration to play like they do. It was my first night, so I decided to pray to the 'pool gods' to give me a little boost. I shot a 46 out of 50 and won 4/5 matches! I was so excited and owe it to the pool gods. Thank you!

I can see this team going to Vegas in the BCA finals - I look forward to us shooting there. It's just a gut feeling.

Tomorrow is APA and I look forward to the league - it's another great team and I can see us going to Vegas in APA! Yes, I have many visions. *smiles*

Good job everyone and look forward to next week.

4 comments:

whall said...

YAY for BCA. BCA opens up more challenges and a different goal - winning the game *while* you keep your opponent from making balls. APA 8 and 9-ball do not have this combination.

Good playing!

I hope we're on a pool team together again soon.

starryjgal said...

I agree -- ooooh, and I beat Wil that used to play in your league at shooters! I'm sure we'll be playing again soon. You should join BCA...it's ONLY one night, and your game fits well with the BCA format. *hint hint*

Anonymous said...

Playing this new league will improve your game by leaps and bounds. Most everything up here is BCA, and it's helped me a lot. I'm glad to hear you enjoy it. Hopefully we'll get to play some on Labor Day weekend.

*Hugs*

starryjgal said...

@laura: I can't wait to see you and look forward to BCA improving my game. I'm sure I will get spanked plenty along the way.