Friday, August 17, 2007

Texas Open 9-Ball Championships

The 34th Annual Texas Open is just around the corner...literally. It's the annual event where some of the greatest players in the country meet up to play. It has two divisions - one of the males and one for the females. If you win the male event, it pays about 10,000 big ones to the winner. Hmmm, a weekend of pool (i'm sure plenty of action) and getting paid 10 G to have fun.

The beauty of the location is it is only 2 blocks from my house, so I know where I'll be hanging out throughout the weekend. It is held at G Cue Billiards, which usually closes down at midnight, will stay open 24 hours that weekend.

I remember hearing through the pool circuit about an amazing feat in 84' that everyone still talks about today. It was the finals, and Bob Vanover was playing Steve Smith. Steve won the coin toss and broke -- Bob Vanover walked up to the table and ran it. The winner then breaks and Bob ran 9 racks in row....yes, for all you APA folks, that's one inning. *bows to Mr. Vanover*

I can't wait!

3 comments:

whall said...

Great! how can I enter?

*grins*

starryjgal said...

You SHOULD play! I would if I could play at your level...*sigh*

Anonymous said...

I know someone that could tell you all about this match...