Thursday, November 16, 2006

“You paws, I paws, we all paws for Frosty Paws! Woof Woof!”


Our little canine buddies – we love em!


They keep us going back to the basics of life. Today we are glued to the cable box, technology, the hustle and bustle of work, families, commutes, activities, the internet and all the other things that fill up our days (and then we start the whole cycle over again). Yeah, us humans are high maintenance, at least that’s what I think our dogs would say.

Our little buddies remind us to go back to the simple things in life and slow down once in awhile to realize tomorrow is another day and take some time out of what we “think” is so pressing, and just enjoy a break for an hour. My guy, Jordan, does that for me. He loves to take walks in the neighborhood (yes, he walks me) or play at the dog park. I see myself talking to other dog owners about their dogs – and they talking to me about their best canine lovin’ buddies. The coolest part, they LOVE us! They give us unconditional, unqualified affection just for being there with them. The known trick among the canine community is to simply look up at your owner with these glossy, warm, kind, gentle eyes and never look away until you get what you want. Hmmm, maybe they are on to something. Jordan is like a perfect child, but furrier and walks on 4 legs. Oh, and no need to pay for those soccer lessons or save for college tuition – he really has no interest in college. I support him 100% and save over 20K in expenses. *winks*

Of course, we are all guilty of this – spoiling our little guys. I am game for spoiling Jordan, but not game for “spoiling” Jordan. There’s dog spas, dog hotels, dog clothes…um, “Jordan, you are not getting that buddy.”

But what he will get and definitely deserves is doggie ice cream!! I’m an ice cream lover, so of course it’s gotta trickle down to him. I’m sure he would love (and prolly doesn’t care which one) any treat whether it my table food, dog treats, bones, etc. – but one thing he LOVES is Frosty Paws. He’s like an addict. I put one of those down and he swallows it up in less than 30 seconds and then glows afterward.

His tail is always waggin’ and tongue hangin’ out as soon as I open that freezer. Yep, I can buy his love and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I think I did it with the Frosty Paws. They have them in peanut butter flavor too, but I’m sticking to the original. He loves em’, so not going to toss something new in the mix yet. He’d prolly want jelly to go with it. “No, Jordan – not gonna happen my friend.” Also, there is a Frosty Paws Paw-ty kit *giggles*. It comes with 4 cute little red bandanas, 2 balls with the lovely logo on them, 4 paw-ty hats like your kids and a little pouch to store everything. It’s about 17 bucks. I think I am going to contact Frosty Paws Corporation and let them know that I don’t think the dogs are interested in the party hats and bandanas, just the ice cream. I might even suggest they get some other flavors. I’ve always been tempted to taste what Jordan goes crazy about, but haven’t gotten the courage to take a little bite. But with some assorted flavors, I might be tempted.

Don’t worry everyone, it’s not really ice cream, but your dog will sure think it is and not paw at you when you are eating your own ice cream sundae. It looks like and feels like ice cream and it’s formulated to be healthy for your dog – has vitamins, proteins, minerals and free of sugar or artificial flavors.

If you haven’t tried them for you little one, pick up a box the next time you are in your ice cream section. They are usually at Walmart or HEBs in Austin. I always find them right next to the Nutty Buddies or the Klondike Bars in a light blue box with a cute dog on the front. It may seem silly to give them this extra treat – but know they deserve it. Your dog would go to bat for you even during your most intolerable day, because it is unconditional love.

Hard to believe, but your dog will love you just a little more than he/she already does. Kinda hard to imagine that possible, but Ice Cream just does the trick. Come on’ – what is really better than Ice Cream? Not much.

Jordan can have a Frosty Paw as long as he wants them. That’s the least I can do for the little guy that keeps reminding me how great the simple things are in life. Thanks for showing me that Jordan.

“If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.” – Phil Pastoret


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Dog!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got Jordan without having to read something like this -- http://www.andreaharner.com/archives/2006/11/get_therapy_not_a_puppy.html

:)

starryjgal said...

You saying I need therapy? What?!

Anonymous said...

I guess i am like Jordan. Offer me breakfast and I am all yours.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Jordan likes bacon cause I sure love bacon.