Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I’m hungry & need a good dining table to enjoy my food


I live in a small little two bedroom and it’s always been a dream to have a pool table in one of the rooms. Right now, then only feasible way to accomplish this would be to put it in the living room and not have any living furniture. I’m rarely home, so really don’t need to having living room furniture and it would easily go into the master bedroom. *bam* That would be the new living room. Gotta’ think of all the options here.

I found the perfect table. It’s a Craftsman Table that is a pool table that doubles as a sturdy dining room table once the matching top is attached. It’s a beautiful piece and would enhance the whole place! You can get them in 7”, 8” or 9” tables and are made of oak or maple wood.

Plan A: Put money away for a year and just buy it. That’s a year away. *sigh*

Plan B: Build it! I found a great site that tells you how to build one from scratch. Estimated cost is $1500.00 and 70 hours of labor. Not bad and it would be a great project to work on. I love making things and even more so, trying to figure out how to even begin.

Plan C: The ultimate beauty: Create a poker, billiard, video gaming console, dining room table.

Beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After the poker table, I was looking at how to build a pool table. It's bit more complicated but it's not very complicated as long as follow the instruction.

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you're done, and I'll bring dinner. That way we can play pool, and then have a place to eat!

starryjgal said...

*laughing* You will spank me at pool, but I'm guessing I'd win at eating! I might need your help with building the table though. Slate is pretty darn heavy.