Sunday, September 03, 2006

Billiard Lessions - Worth the Dinero?

I've been playing for a few years and have come to a plateau on my level of play. There's so much more to learn and I need to invest more time and also take lessons from a pro.

I've been thinking about taking pool lessons for some time now. I've got an awesome cue - a friend gave me his pearl blue lucasi and I got the PredatorZ shaft up in Vegas last year. I've been fortunate to have played with some great players that have taken time out of their schedule to teach me some important skills, drills and basic foundation. You guys know who you are...(JP,WH,JM and K). You all are great players and one day, I'll be right up there with ya!

I've signed up with an instructor, Belinda Calhoun, and start my lessons on Thursday, September 7th. She's amazing - ranked 25th in the nation. Pretty impressive. I'm so excited and can't wait to begin the first lesson.

I'll keep you guys updated on how the lesson went and future lessons. I've schedule 4 one hour sessions for this month.

*Excited*

G'nite all and have a wonderful Labor Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, it's the 7th... how'd the lessons go?

I personally took lessons (and will continue to do so when I find the time) from BCA Master-level instructor Rod Gustafson in Austin. Great teacher.