Saturday, April 19, 2008

Deal

Just finished watching a poker movie called "The Deal".

It stars Bert Reynolds, Alex Stillman and Shannon Elizabeth and has a plot line that is similar to the "Color of Money".
It's about a young poker player that is a student from Yale that has the typically cocky, maverick, style of playing. He has a brief encounter with Tommy Vinson (Bert Reynolds), a retired poker player, and then a plan develops.
Of course, you have the woman that comes in to stir up a little bit of something something as we are sometimes known to do.
After Rounders, it's really tough to make a great poker movie. "Deal" is no "Rounders", but even though it was predictable -- it was still a good movie to watch. Tough not to like a poker movie. *smiles*
There's several poker cameos: Antonio Esfandiari, Isabelle Mercier, Chris Moneymaker, Joe Hachem, Greg Raymer, and Phil Laak.




3 comments:

whall said...

I'll stick it in my bb online queue - I also really liked "poolhall junkies". It was no 'color of money' but it still was pretty darn good. It had Christopher Walken in it and he did great.

starryjgal said...

whall: I agree - I really liked Poolhall Junkies as well. Kinda cheesey during some parts - but cheese ain't so bad! Keep in mind if you don't want to wait for it w/BB - you can always watch it for free on your computer. I just watched it again this morning - nice to have it playing while I'm doing other things. I think you'll enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Don't forget to watch National Heads Up Poker the next five Sundays.