Thursday, October 04, 2007

Trick or Treat. Trick or Trick Shots?



I love gadgets - things that are unique and even more impressive, that some genius thought of creating something to make our lives easier or just plain fun.

Here is a cool little rack that teaches you how to do trick shots. If you saw "The Huster", which came out in 1961, Paul Newman made this cool little shot in the movie. With this rack, you just rack the balls, aim your cue ball smack down the middle and the 6 balls will travel to their respective pockets - one in each hole. Once you get it down, who needs the rack! But until you do, rack your balls in this rack and then enjoy the magic.

If you want one, they are about 15 bucks and you can order it from a website called Things You Never Knew Existed.

2 comments:

whall said...

That website's original catalog was one of my favorite for a long time. That and J.C.Whitney or whatever it was called. Brings me back.

starryjgal said...

It's a coincidence how we seem to run into the same things. I got the coolest email from them thanking me for writing about one of their catalog items on my blog. Made my day. I have no idea how they knew that...maybe you would know?

Here's part of what they wrote to me..

:Thank you for recently acknowledging one of our products, The Trick Billiards Rack, as a unique catalog collectible in your blog. We appreciate the positive recognition from each of our customers because you are our number one concern. Your responses to our distinctive products are of valuable importance to us. Keep them coming!..."