Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 7 & Day 8: I am Super Girl - I resisted Round Rock Donuts!

Today's post will combine day 7 & 8 of the Purification Cleanse.  I'm slacking a day;)

Day 7
Sunday went well and had a friend visit in from out of town.  We went to dinner at Moonshine since they have a great menu, atmosphere and service.  They had this delicious spinach, blueberry salad with oil & ving.   I got the large since I was quite hungry and gobbled it down.  My friend had the salmon and it look so darn good -- oh how I miss you salmon.  I miss you lots.

Sundays is my day to run errands and clean, so didn't get much time to prepare for the following day's lunch, and made a quick dish that I could complete in 45 minutes.  It was a raw vegan alkaline Alfredo pasta.  Alfredo sauce and pasta are definitely not on the list of items to eat, but here's the beauty of substitution.  The Alfredo sauce was made from almonds, nutmeg, mustard powder, olive oil, alkaline water, garlic, lemon juice and onions.  I blended all in the Magic Bullet and it came out smooth and creamy.  For the mock noodles, I shredded zucchini on a cheese grater and poof, there's the noodles.  I tossed the sauce and 'noodles's, and added a little broccoli and roma tomatoes.  This was perfect for Monday's lunch.

Day 8
I cannot believe it's been a week.  It's been fun learning about nutrition and making different items that are good for the body.  It feels good - really good.

Had the Zucchini Alfredo Pasta for lunch today and Marj brought an extra salad for me today.  She made this gorgeous salad and homemade raw dressing.  The salad was so colorful and full of red cabbage, shredded carrots, seaweed, sauerkraut and zucchini noodles.  It was amazing.

For dinner tonight, I decided to make some squash chips and green beans with mushrooms.  Both are very quick and turned out delicious.  I put too much sea salt on the squash chips and the next round, I'll lighten it up a bit.  Green beans and mushrooms with lemon turned out delicious after roasting for just over 10 minute.  Easy and so yum.

I've enjoy the journey this past week.  My energy is high and I do not feel tired or 'sluggish' -- and I feel stronger.  Not physically stronger, but on an emotional level - as if I am invincible and can handle anything that comes my way.  Here's a fine, fine example: I resisted the Round Rock donuts that were brought into the office today.  I frakkin' love (as in would marry) their donuts (if I was another donut).  They do not make any of those crazy flavors and over the top toppings, just the simple classic donut.  I have gotten their donuts so many times - it's the real deal folks.  If you want some insanely delicious donuts, you should go there.  If I can resist those, I am Super Girl! It's amazing how I not longer have all my sugar cravings, which just a week ago, was a habit.  It my mind it was a good habit, but in my body, a bad habit.

"Every human being is the author of his/ her own health or disease." - Buddha

Thanks for reading and here's to a soul full of happiness and health!

No comments: