Saturday, October 06, 2012

21 Day Standard Process Purification Cleanse

I took quite a hiatus for the past two years, but I'm back.  I still love all games on the felt, so will start blogging again about those subjects.  A new twist - adding health and nutrition.  First topic is my very first cleanse - the healthy way.


What is the Standard Process Purification Cleanse?


The Standard Process 21 Day Cleanse is one way to safely detoxify the body -- it is not a diet.  Not all cleanses achieve this goal safely, gently, and effectively.

After reading about it and speaking to Jade Lotus Wellness in Austin, TX, I made a decision to start the cleanse.  We rely on our bodies for the entirety of our lives, and it is important that we nourish and help keep it healthy. It took me a little while to figure this out, but better late than never.  

My first day will be October 8, 2012 and am looking forward to it.

What I like about the cleanse, is that it is for 3 weeks, which is perfect for me to change habits.  Another important factor is that the Standard Process Supplements are made from whole foods, which are organically produced and not chemically derived. The cleanse emphasizes the following:

1. Supplements and whole foods such as fruits, vegetables and introducing protein in the last 10 days.
2. Vegetables
3. Fruits
4. Plenty of water - goal is 64 - 90 oz of water a day (eek)
5. Limiting the high calorie, refined foods and saturated fats
6. Shakes

I have a few goals with this program -- 

1. Lower cholesterol
2. Lower blood pressure
3. Detoxify my body
4. Change my poorer eating habits
5. Remove myself off of prescription medication
6. Increase energy
7. Improved weight management
8. Disappearance and or lessening of past conditions

This program does take a little planning to make sure the right meals are prepared for the day.  Those that know me are aware of my ability to prepare recipes.  Time to learn. Tomorrow, I'll shop for the vegetables and fruits so I'll be ready to rock on Monday. The first 10 days will include:

1. 2-3 Shakes per day (fruit added such as blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, pineapple, strawberries, peaches and/or raspberries)
2. 21 SP Cleanse capsules per day: Vegetarian supplement containing whole foods and botanicals to purify kidneys, liver, intestines and to remove toxins.
3. 9 Fiber capsules per day: Dietary fiber from bontanicals and other whole foods to maintain healthy lipid and blood glucose levels.
4. Brown Rice or Lentils
5. Vegetables and Fruits 2:1 ratio

The shakes should be yum - I'm going to add a cup of fresh fruit, 1 Tbsp of flax oil, 2 Tbsp of the shake mixture and 8 oz of water.  I'll explain each day on what delicious shake recipes I'll be making.  A few to get started will be a Strawberry Twist, Citrus-Berry Splash, and Apple-Cinnamon Surprise.

I will document my journey from day 1 to day 21. I've never been one to eat healthy, so this will be a first for me and my first step towards refining my health.  Hope that I can share my learnings, personal experience and encourage others to help make good decisions on their daily consumption of foods.

"The doctor of the future will give no medication but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease."
- Thomas A Edison

Thank you for reading and here's to a soul full of happiness and health!

No comments: