Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 3 of 21: Peaches Rule

Today was day 3 of the Purification Cleanse. Each day is getting easier and felt wonderful today.

Brought the leftovers from last night's meal in for lunch today.  Marj and I split it and it was plenty for two.  She made an incredible lunch the day prior for us both, so it was my turn to bring in lunch.  We had the portobello mushroom with marinara, the lemon roasted brussel sprouts, and the mango-cucumber coconut fruit salad.

Still finding taking the supplements the toughest - I am never going to get this 48 pill thing a day down.  I do it, just not without my mouth fighting to swallow them.  I know it's good for me, so it's worth it. I made peach shakes today and they were delicious.  They take away the 'earthy' taste of the shakes.  For this cleanse, I can eat as many vegetables I want and  fruit.  The portion needs to be 2:1 - with vegetables being the "2".

Tonight was my billiard league, which I go to directly from work, so didn't have time to eat dinner before.  I thought I'd see if they had a salad and would eat that until I got home.  When I arrived at Slick Willies, that was the first thing I asked.  The waitress said she may have salads and would check.  She came back with the news of no salads.  I glanced at the menu and it's 100% fried foods.  Ut oh.  This is my fault -- I should of brought veggies to snack on. *hits head*

APA League went amazing.  The team scored 5-0 in 8 Ball and 61-39 in 9-ball.  I won both my matches and was able to concentrate on the games well.  I was a tad bit hungry during play, but nothing that a couple bottles of  water wouldn't cure until I got home.  As soon as I got home, I made a quick salad and shake.  Both hit the spot and I'm beginning to actually the shakes. Never thought I'd say that.

Tomorrow, Marj and me are going to try a restaurant called, Beet's.  Neither one of us has been there and one of our co-workers told us about it.  Visiting their website and it has a great story about the owner.  Her name is Sylvia Heisey -- she is passionate about healthful living and sharing it with the world. This restaurant focuses on raw living foods in a very delicious way. Looking forward to it.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -Virginia Woolf

Thank you for reading and here's to a soul full of happiness and health!


No comments: