Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 4 of 21: You have cute fingers too...

Today was day 4 of the Purification Cleanse.

I woke up today very excited to know that I didn't have to pack up lunch for today since we are going to try Beet's Cafe, which is only a mile or so from the office.  I did make a couple shakes and packed some carrots, but other than that, it was an easy morning!

We headed over to Beet's Cafe for lunch.  Marj, Tiffanny, and me headed over and boy, were we excited.  It was awesome to be able to eat at a restaurant that promotes healthy eating with raw food. I didn't know what to expect, but I must say this place is pure hotness!  Everything in the restaurant radiates awesomeness to the 100th degree. Atmosphere, service, great menu with amazing raw food dishes and lots of cool little treats.  "The Beet" goes on and on and one and on with some awesome music too.  We heard my favorite song by Elton John, Rocket Man.  I knew I was in love as everything just aligned perfectly.  Please try Beet's the next time you are in downtown Austin.  You will be pleasantly surprised - food tastes incredible.

Marj's Meal: E.L.T
A delicious sprouted almond sunflower flatbread, spread with a creamy cashew dijonaise, layered with crispy spiced eggplant "bacon", lettuce, tomato, avocado, and high-vibe sprouts, served with crispy veggie chips and kraut.


Tiffanny's Meal: Nori Rolls
Filled with choice of "Mock Tuna" pate or avocado, assorted julienne vegetables, and sprouts, served with tamari dipping sauce.


Jen's Meal: Pizza Rustica
A sprouted sunflower seed, hemp crust generously topped with seasoned almond nut cheeze, zesty tomato sauce, marinated mushrooms, sweet peppers, crispy onions, olives, fresh tomato, basil, spices, and crystal salt, served with a petite Caesar salad.

As we were eating and enjoying every last bite, I said, "The waitress and Tiffany both have cute little figures -- I think eating well contributes to cute figures. I want a cute figure."  Tiffany then says, "You and Marj have cute fingers!"  I laughed since she thought I said 'fingers' instead of 'figures'. That made my day and know that we all have cute fingers!

Picked up a few yummy bars at Beet's for snacking later.  They are made locally by a company called, Bearded Brothers.  I got a few of the Bodacious Blueberry Vanilla and Colossal Coconut Mango.  Both were off the chart! You can also order online - get em'!

After leaving work, we decided to go pick up dinner from Beet's so no preparing of foods needed to be done for dinner.  Just order, pick up, make the shake and take supplements.  This made it a very easy night.

"The greatest wealth is our health. Eat well and nourish your body."

Thanks for reading and here's to a soul full of happiness and health!

No comments: