Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Day 2 of 21: The Pirate & Maraca

Today was day 2 of the Purification Cleanse and it went really well overall.

Started the morning out with red grapes and a strawberry-blueberry shake and supplements.  I drank two bottles of water by the time I arrived at work.  I am having a little challenge taking 16 pills 3 times a day (Yes, 48 pills a day).  I’ve never been adverse to pill swallowing in general; and these monsters require effort. I drink a ton of water after each pill so I can get that "green" taste washed away. I know it will get easier -- just need do it. I packed an extra shake for lunch and took some baby carrots and a cool little snack called Go Raw Pizza Flax Snax. These are super delicious and a great alternative for a healthy daily snack.

I didn't prepare a meal for lunch since Marj was bringing me lunch that her and her husband had prepared.  I didn't know what it would be and I was excited to see what it was.  When I arrived at work I asked her if I could see the food.  I'm like a kid in a candy store begging.  It look fabulous -- it was mashed cauliflower with spices, zucchini with two amazing sauces on top, and seasoned broccoli.  Full of flavor and I ate every morsel and pretty much licked the bowl clean...literally.

Side note: Chatting with Marj about drinking tons of water and I mentioned that I have so much in me that I sound like a water bed squishing around.  She then said I am sloshing like a pirate! She takes more pills than me a day, so she must sound like a maraca.  We haven't picked her up and shaken her around, but I'm positive she would sound like a maraca.  So I'm thinking her nickname should be maraca and mine should be pirate.  What a team: The Pirate and Maraca.

I had thought of some ideas for dinner, but didn't have all the ingredients, so hopped over to Sprouts after work to pick up a few things.  I then came hope and starting preparing the dinner.  Main dish was a portobello mushroom that marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette, sea salt, rosemary and a little olive oil. Tossed some chopped onions on top and put that in the oven for just over 20 minutes.  For the side dishes, I made lemon roasted brussel sprouts which was drizzled with olive oil, sea salt, and lemon juice.  That cooked for just over 30 minutes in the oven and was delicious.  Made brown rice (allowed 1/2 cup a day) and sprinkled it with some diced roma tomatoes.  After the mushrooms were done baking, I topped them off with a homemade marinara sauce.

Lessons Learned:

1. I need to wake up a little earlier to prep items for the day.
2. I need to learn where ingredients are located at grocery stores.
3. Taking supplements daily is tough to swallow.  Hah - pun is intended.
4. Flax Seeds can taste like pizza if you get them from Go Raw.  Hoorah!

Prepared a refreshing fruit dish for late night snack and will take the rest for tomorrow's snack.  It's a cucumber-mango coconut fruit salad.  It's made with cucumbers, mangos, red grapes, lemon juice, red bell peppers and unsweeted coconut.

“The body is the soul’s house.  Shouldn’t we therefore take care of our house so that it doesn’t fall into ruin?” – Philo

Thank you for reading and here's to a soul full of happiness and health!

No comments: