Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 6: We all need a Magic Bullet

Today was day 6 of the Purification Cleanse.  I feel great, prolly better than I can remember.  My sleep has been solid, feel great waking up, energy strong and I have zero hunger throughout the day.  Feels good.

Met with my weekly acupuncture doctor at Lotus Wellness today.  I love that she now has Saturday appts - makes it convenient vs during the week.  This was the first time I had seen her since I started the detox and wanted to tell her about my week.  She listened with a smile and said how proud she was of me and that I was stronger than I give myself credit before.  That is partially true, but I owe much of it to Laura Farb and Marj since there is no possible way I could do this on my own.  I'm lucky that both of them have crossed my paths - funny how things come into our lives that make it that much better.

If you are interested in improving your health, I highly recommend Laura Farb.  She's been practicing and studying holistic health for over 2 decades, graduated with honors from the University of Pennsylvania and received her Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine.  She also studied at Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China. I've been seeing her for just over 4 weeks and she's incredible.

Met with Marj at Costco and she surprised me with offering to buy me a Magic Bullet and this gorgeous deep frying pan.  The Magic Bullet comes with all these great containers to make it easy to make salsas, pestos, shakes, smoothies, dips, salad dressings, soups and more! Marj is stubborn, so wouldn't take any money and insisted on buying these for me.  I love them both and can't wait to use them (Thank you a billion times Marj!).  My kitchen is now looking like a "kitchen".  I have cooked more in my kitchen past 6 days than I have in 4 years.  Anyone that knows me, can vouch that I rarely use my kitchen.  I have always found that eating out, ordering in or picking up food was much more convenient for my lifestyle. Maybe it's called lazy, but I call it convenient.

After Costco, hopped on over to DSW to get some new workout shoes.  I have some sneakers somewhere, but cannot find them anywhere.  I think Ace has hid them somewhere and he's not telling me where.  I'm sure they will pop up one day.  I found a great pair of Blue and Black Nike Flex Trainer 2 shoes.  This have an amazing cushioning and support - and are lightweight.  Monday starts the cardio and weights into my routine at the Gold's Gym 2 blocks away.

For a late lunch, we decided to try a raw restaurant called Daily Juice on Duval.  It's a cute little restaurant in the middle of Hyde Park.  We were starving, so chowed down.  Marj had an avocado sandwich and BLT sandwich.  I had the BLT sandwich and a kale salad.  Both were very good and filling.

For dinner, I met up with my wonderful friend, Bonnie.  We met at Beet's Cafe on 5th for dinner.  She eats well 95% of the time, so knew she would love this place.  It was delicious as always.  I had the Just a Good Burger and she had the Chalupas.  Look how amazing these entrees look.  They taste 10 times better than the photos too.  If you haven't tried Beet's yet, please do.  They have been in Austin three years and the restaurant is a great raw dining experience.  It's convenient to Mopac in the downtown area, service has always been great, they have free parking in a covered garage and their food is fantastic.  They even offer cooking classes on Saturdays.  How fun would it be to get a group of good friends today, spend a nice afternoon making food that is good for you?! I haven't tried a class yet, but just may do that in the near future.

"The best and most efficient pharmacy is within your own system." - Robert C. Pale.

Thanks for reading and here's to a soul full of health and happiness!

No comments: