Sunday, October 08, 2006

dis-uh-peer (verb)

Sometimes I wish I was a magician. Now that would be power.

It's great to just disappear, grab a suitcase, switch the answering machine on and just go somewhere else. - Dido Armstrong

All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else. - Buddha

By 2009, computers will disappear. Displays will be written directly onto our retinas by devices in our eyeglasses and contact lenses. - Ray Kurzweil

Oh man. If I had magic powers... I would hope that I would use them for good. I think I would. But I would do something pretty trivial like making traffic disappear. - Nick Stahl


Sometimes I just disappear to a white room in Spain or Italy or France. I don't need any conveniences or anything fancy, I need quiet and no clutter. - Jeanette Winterson

My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here. - Jim Henson

No comments: